I made a salad to share with M. I personally like to make a huge salad all at once and keep it in the fridge for random snacking.
I went for it.
- One head romaine lettuce
- One head butter leaf lettuce
- Two grated carrots
- One grated beet
- 1/3 head of cauliflower, split into small florets
- Two stalks of celery, thinly sliced
What I did:
- Wash the lettuce THOROUGHLY. A friend of mine recently stated that she suspects the real meaning of the word “organic” is “here, you wash the dirt off!” It’s kind of true. Leafy veggies are especially prone to being rather dirty. And dirt adds an unpleasant texture to most meals.
- Chop, shred, and rip veggies.
- Toss in a huge bowl.
I ate mine with my home made Italian dressing, chopped chicken breast, and home made croutons (a sliced hard boiled egg and a little shredded cheese would have made it PERFECT). M ate his with a blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette.
The romaine and butter leaf were the perfect pairing of opposites.