I have a cold, and it has hit HARD. Therefore, I can’t really tell you if this soup is good or not. My nose is in terrible working order, and only allows me to have a sense of taste on occasion.
Maybe I’ll make it again sometime when I’m not a walking snot factory.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon peeled & minced ginger root (or 1/2 tablespoon powdered ginger root)
- 2 washed & roughly chopped heads of baby bok choy (1/2 head “regular” bok choy)
- 6 oz thai-style rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
What I did:
- Put broth, carrot, celery, and ginger into a pot and turn the heat up high. Bring to a boil.
- Add the bok choy, return to a boil.
- Add the noodles, return to a boil, cover, turn down to med/high and allow to boil for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add tamari, jalapeno, honey, and lime.
- Stir well and enjoy!
If I had been thinking clearly, I probably would have included two minced cloves of garlic. Garlic, ginger, and jalapeno all have great healing properties for those battling colds.
M is on his way here right now, and he’ll be able to tell me if it’s good or not. I promise to let you know!
Edit: This soup was good, but pretty bland. I have changed the ingredients to hopefully add a little more Asian flavor to the broth.