Don’t get me wrong – I love garlic and onions. Unfortunately, garlic and onions don’t really love me. I’ll still suffer the consequences of eating them if they’re well-cooked, but I am trying to avoid them in their more raw state.
This lemon cucumber pico de gallo is a result of:
- Me playing around on taco night.
- Me having pounds and pounds of lemon cucumbers from my mother-out-law’s garden.
- Me having pounds and pounds of tomatoes also from said garden.
Yes, it turned out foamy because I put everything in the food processor. The pico de gallo is a lot more pretty when you chop it by hand, but it also takes a lot longer. I’m tired today. Short cuts are my friend.
Recipe for Lemon Cucumber Pico de Gallo:
- 1.5 lbs tomatoes
- 1 lb lemon cucumbers
- 8 oz peppers (I had 1 bell pepper, 1 gypsy pepper, 1 anaheim, and 1 tiny jalapeno, all seeded)
- Juice of 1 lime (or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A handful of cilantro
Chop it all finely and stir it up. Enjoy!