Easy, flavorful, and customizable!
- 1 can beans (I like kidney)
- 1 can other beans (I like wax)
- 1 can other other beans (or quartered artichoke hearts)
- 4 chopped green onions
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 2 diced stalks celery (I’ve substituted yellow bell pepper before and it was good)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white/golden balsamic (or white wine if you must)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper of some kind (cayenne is a general favorite, but I usually go for smoked paprika)
Just stir it all together, put it in an air-tight container and refrigerate at least over night, turning the container over at least once. You can also keep it in a covered bowl and stir it occasionally.
If you’re in a hurry, use 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder in place of the garlic & onions. That you can serve right away with so much digestive, uh, discomfort.