This makes me wish I had a hammock or a porch swing.
I start with a basic lemonade recipe I got from Bust Magazine, which I totally love.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water, divided
- My additions: 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger juice, a sprig of fresh mint
What to do:
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan and heat them on the stove until the sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
- Squeeze your lemons!
- Put chia seeds in your pitcher with 5 cups of water. Stir, stir, stir while the seeds hydrate (they’ll be sticky glops if you don’t stir them well).
- Add the sugar water (simple syrup), lemon juice, ginger juice, and stir well.
- Serve over ice with a garnish of mint. Smash the mint into your glass before you drink it.