A perfect dinner for a hot day. Easily converted to a vegan-friendly dish (just ditch the “ga”).
- 1 pack of rice noodles (try thinner ones than the ones we have here, they’re easier to eat)
- Chicken breast
- Basil, carrots, radish, bean sprouts, any other sprouts, cilantro, bell pepper, cucumber, pretty much any veggie you have around that you can eat raw
- Nuoc Cham
I use this nuoc cham recipe:
but I substitute flax oil for the fish oil (vegetarians, rejoice!), and this time I doubled the recipe and added 1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice. I REALLY recommend the ginger!
What to do:
- Bring a big pot of water to boil. Turn it off. Add the noodles, cover, and stir every 2 minutes. Test them after 6 minutes to see if they’re done yet. When they are done, drain and rinse them VERY WELL.
- Chop up a bunch of vegetables.
- Chop up some chicken (BBQed is the best) or marinated mushrooms or marinated tofu.
Marinade (idea from Brother Juniper’s Ginger Curry Marinade):
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger root
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt