I bought a Thai chicken wrap at Whole Foods for SIX FRIGGIN DOLLARS yesterday.
Today, I fixed them myself.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey (or unrefined sugar or stevia for the vegans!)
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 pressed clove of garlic
- grated 1/2 large cucumber
- 3 grated carrots
- sliced jicama (I forgot to buy this!)
- mixed greens (whatever you want, really. I used the salad mix from my CSA box and some extra spinach leaves)
- chopped mint & cilantro
- cubed cooked chicken breast (or chicken substitute or firm tofu for the vegans!)
What to do:
- Whisk the sauce together
- Lay out a tortilla or flatbread or whatever is flat enough to make into a burrito-type-thing
- FILL IT WITH STUFF UNTIL YOU CAN BARELY ROLL IT CLOSED
- We put about three tablespoons of sauce in each wrap
DELICIOUS. The perfect meal for a hot day. The sauce would make an AMAZING salad dressing, just quadruple the recipe.