If you’ve never had green garlic before, I highly recommend it. I was slicing it up tonight and had M smell it. I said, “It’s like garlic, only cool and refreshing instead of sharp!” and he completely agreed.
- 1 bunch chard
- 1 large stalk green garlic
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasonings of your choice
- juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
What To Do:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add chopped green garlic and chopped chard stems, saute for five minutes
- Add water, then quinoa and seasonings, stir well
- Rip up chard leaves and sprinkle over the top
- Cover and cook on med/low for 20-25 minutes, or until quinoa and chard leaves are acceptably tender
- Squeeze lemon juice over everything and serve
This was very flavorful!