I really, really don’t want to be coming down with a cold. I’ve made a soup with many ingredients that are praised for their germ-fighting abilities.
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- 1 fennel stalk, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, finely sliced
- 1/3 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups stock or broth (M made turkey stock from the Thanksgiving turkey, but you can use whatever stock or broth you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 4 drops jalapeno sauce (a little more would be fine, I just went overboard last time and decided to take a more conservative route this time)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black lava salt (it’s coated in activated charcoal)
- 1 teaspoon sea lettuce flakes
Saute the carrot, celery, onion, fennel, and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil for about five minutes. Add everything else and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Mmm… it’s good and it FEELS good!