All my best-tasting chili looks like dog poop. Sad, but true. I can look past it, but if you’re feeding it to someone who objects to food looking comparable to canine waste, try dressing it up with shredded cheese, fresh tomatoes, sour cream, croutons, and/or slice avocado. Oh, how I wish I weren’t allergic to avocado!
Corn & Bell Pepper Chili
- 2 ears of sweet corn, slice the kernels off (tricky stuff!)
- 1 can slightly drained kidney beans
- 1 can slightly drained black beans
- 1 lb ground turkey (totally optional)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (I can’t wait for my garden tomatoes to ripen!)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 small white onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning mix (your choice)
Dump everything into a 4-6 quart slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
No picture included for obvious reasons.