So, our CSA (First Light Farm) has this habit of sending us Armenian Cucumbers the size of a 10-year-old’s arm. As much as I love a few slices of cool cucumber on my salad, I’m usually left wondering what to do with the other foot-and-a-half of the darned thing.
Dairy-Free Cucumber Salad
- 1 huge cucumber, thinly sliced. I think it yielded about 4 or 5 cups and I used the thick slice side of my box cheese grater to slice them.
- 2 red torpedo onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (I used 1/4 t sea salt and 3/4 t seasoning mix)
- 6 grinds of lemon pepper
Just mix it all together and allow it to chill.
This is REALLY good. I want to be invited to a pot luck BBQ just so I can make another big bowl of it. M and I munched on this for four days. I admit to cheating on the dairy-free and added about a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream to mine. 🙂 M said it reminded him fondly of his grandmother’s cooking.