It’s summertime. That means it’s smoothie season! I don’t give myself enough time in the morning to make these for breakfast, so I’ve been making them as a post-work treat. They cool me down and give me the energy to cook dinner & clean house.
- 3 ice cubes (I really should buy crushed ice, my blender isn’t very powerful)
- 2-4 tablespoons vanilla yogurt (I use half a small container at a time, not sure on the measurement)
- Small handful of fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup frozen fruit (I used strawberries & pineapple)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (why chia?)
- Generous pinch of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Trader Joe’s Dynamo Plus Calcium juice poured in while blending (you can use whatever juice you like, but I love this stuff!)
Freeze your own fruit:
Grow it yourself or buy it from local fruit stands. Wash it thoroughly and cut it into small bite-sized pieces. Lay it out on a metal baking sheet and freeze. Then transfer to freezer bags or jars.