This hot & sour sauce actually isn’t terribly hot or sour. You can add a tablespoon of jalapeno sauce and a tablespoon of rice vinegar for an extra kick, but I suggest trying it as is first. It’s delicious!
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons soy or tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger or 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Just whisk it all together and marinate your veggies in it.
Veggies I used:
- 3 sliced carrots
- 4 sliced celery sticks
- 1/2 roughly chopped onion
- 1 small head broccoli, separated into small florets
8 oz of sliced mushrooms would have made this dish divine!
What I did:
- Stir fry until level of desired doneness is achieved.
- After the veggies were done, I stir fried up four cubed chicken breasts. It was a lot, but M and I were hungry from our afternoon of gardening.
- Serve over rice.