Tasty, tasty, tasty, tasty, tasty… oh, yeah, recipe… um…
- Four artichokes (I had three and just worked with it)
- 8 oz finely shredded cheddar cheese (I used a dairy-free cheese alternative for M’s, and sprinkled his with paprika so we’d know the difference)
- 1/2 stalk minced green garlic (or two cloves minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (1/2 tablespoon dried)
- olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
What I did:
- Cut all the awful spines off the artichoke with kitchen scissors. I managed to NOT get stabbed this time, thankyouverymuch. Eating thistles is dangerous business.
- Steam the artichokes for about 35 minutes until tender.
- Set them upside down on a plate to cool.
- Mix up the cheese & herbs.
- Gently open up the artichokes. This was fun. No, I don’t know why it was fun, but it was. Scoop out the inner thistle-y stuff.
- Smoosh the cheese mixture into the artichokes, then close them back up as best you can. Rub the outer leaves with olive oil and squeeze lemon juice all over them.
- Bake them in the oven at 375F for about 15 minutes, then take them out, cut them in half, and enjoy!
It’s a bit messy, and we ate ours with the aid of forks, but it was very worth it and I will definitely be making these again!