Modified from the CSA email:
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1/2 bunch chard
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
What I did:
- Wash the greens THOROUGHLY. My spinach was still gritty when we ate it… whoops.
- Stem & chop the greens.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Saute sweet potato & garlic for about two minutes, then start adding the greens.
- Add 3/4 cup boiling water and seasonings, stir.
- Cover and cook on low for about 20 minutes, then uncover and allow the liquid to cook down.
- Add the garam masala, stir.
Quite tasty! I’m not a huge fan of spinach as it tends to leave my teeth feeling weird. This recipe definitely made it a lot more appealing… and my kitchen smelled incredible.