I love that we occasionally get dried herbs in our CSA boxes. I currently have them hanging in my kitchen from laundry line using clothespins. It works really well, and gives the space a nice rustic kitchen witch look. 🙂
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (I can’t wait for fresh tomatoes!)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional 1/3 lb ground turkey
What I Did:
- Put everything but the turkey into a food processor and obliterate it! I love doing this… it usually brings out an evil scientist cackle from me.
- Brown the turkey in a large pan.
- Add the sauce.
- Simmer on low for at least one hour, stirring occasionally. If it looks like it’s getting dry, add some more olive oil.