This recipe was in my CSA email this week and is originally from “Lidia’s Italian American Table”. I tweaked it a little bit to cook the kale longer, as I prefer it very tender.
- One large potato (mine was about 12 oz), peeled & cubed
- One bunch of kale, washed, stripped from stems & shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning to taste
What I did:
- Put the prepared potatoes & kale in a large saucepan with about 5 inches of water in it, cover and boil on medium for about 25 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil and saute garlic until lightly browned.
- Toss potatoes & kale into the skillet, season to taste, cook on low while stirring and mashing the potatoes. Takes about five minutes.
Superb! This is now my favorite way to prepare kale! The potato really “calmed” the kale, and the two textures blended together very well. I recommend any other dark leafy green to be used in this recipe in place of kale.