Nom nom nom nom…
Coconut milk ice cream is delicious and doesn’t give me the sticky burps like cow’s milk ice cream does. This is a great recipe for the lactose intolerant!
- 1 14oz can of light coconut milk (99 cents at Trader Joe’s!) – that’s 1 3/4 cup
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What I did:
- Beat the egg, add the milk & sugar.
- Heat in a heavy-bottomed pot (or use a 1 quart Pyrex measuring cup in a hot water bath) for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently/constantly. You don’t want to make scrambled eggs in milk!
- Add the vanilla and allow to cool completely. I cover it and put it in the fridge.
- Ready your ice cream maker.
- Too many to list.
- I personally sliced up 4 strawberries and added them while the ice cream was being made. Next time I’ll add them during the cooking process so they won’t end up as hard crunchy chunks in the ice cream. You live, you learn! 🙂
We served them (to ourselves, it was Valentine’s Day) in white chocolate dessert cups:
I am really looking forward to getting fresh berries in my CSA box!