Yes, I have already cooked a meal with the box contents. Today is a make-up day for posting!
The original recipe was in my CSA email today, but I modified it to suit my own needs… and yes, it is delicious.
Kale & Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 cubed potatoes (I don’t peel mine)
- 2 sliced chicken sausages
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable would be best)
- 4 cups packed chopped kale
What I did:
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot, add onion & saute for about four minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, sausage, potatoes, saute for a minute.
- Add broth, basil, and bay leaf, bring to a boil, then turn down to medium heat, cover, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes (or until the potatoes are soft).
- Add the chopped kale and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Roughly mash the potatoes.
- Enjoy with a grilled mozzarella cheese sandwich!
- Like all soups, this has nearly endless variations. The important part being the volume of liquid to vegetables.
- Any dark leafy green can take the place of the kale.
- Any root (turnip, rutabaga, celery root) can take the place of the potatoes.
- Different spices can be used.
- Chicken sausage is optional.