We did the monster mash!
Well, if you consider rutabaga, potatoes, and carrots to be monsters. I know some people out there do… weirdos.
Veggie Mash Up
- 2 rutabaga, peeled & cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced very thinly
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
What I did:
- Put everything except the lemon juice in a pot and bring it to a boil for 15 minutes. Judge done-ness by your carrots. Mine were still a tad too hard and didn’t mash the way I wanted them to.
- Drain & mash to your liking
- Mix in lemon juice. 2 teaspoons is actually very subtle in this dish. You could easily add a tablespoon and it won’t be overpowering.
- Any root veggie applies! Add or subtract to suit your tastes.
- Lightly saute some minced garlic and add it to the veggies just before mashing.
- Sprinkle in some chopped chives, or another fresh herb you have around.
- I put a pat of butter on mine, because that’s how I roll. Then I ate almost all of it in one sitting with leftover turkey bacon. YUM!